Monday, February 15, 2010

Meat Free Monday

After reading "Goop," Gwyneth Paltrows' blog the other day, I got thinking and decided that my family would follow Sir Paul McCartney's lead, and stay away from meat on Mondays. For more information pop over to Goop for a short explanation, and a few recipes.
Here in the United States there is "Meatless Monday," and if you visit their site there are more recipes to be had. One step at a time...if we each make one little change in our lives it can make a huge impact, not to mention the health benefits.
SO! On the menu at my house tonight...I will put away that nice organic chicken for tomorrow, and am going to open a can of Trader Joe's Cuban Style black beans...saute up some garlic and onion, and add it in for extra flavour. Grate some sharp cheddar cheese, heat some tortillas and make bean burritos! I'll top them with some shredded cabbage, fresh salsa and avocado.
And there you go...relatively pain free (thanks Trader Joes...these beans are the best!), delicious and meat free. I am going to be researching some more creative meatless recipes for next Monday...
photo from Goop..Do
the launch of Meat Free Monday

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Paltrow's 'Goop', what a fabulous website. What a great idea to skip meat if just for one mere day of our week. Something we truly all can do & do it easily. Hope your dinner was good because it sure sounded good. Happy new week to you xx deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - looking forward to reading Goop... But our meat free day is Friday so I had the organic chicken tonight ;-) Thanks to you I now have a recipe for Friday night though (no Trader Joe's here but I'll make do with local beans ;-). Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,

    I almost always have meatless Mondays - It's pizza night for us.

    Gwenyth has gotten alot of flack for her website, but I think it's great. It's her blog, really...She couldn't possibly do an actual blog being that she's so famous, don't ya think? I check it out now and then and always enjoy it.

    Thanks, Natalie. Hope you have a happpy week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine,
    I subscribe to her website (I automatically think blog in my head), and find it interesting. I've known both she and her family since she was a teenager and quite a bit different...she has a wonderful, loving and classy family. It is so easy to rip on celebs these days...some of it warranted, some not. I think she just wants to pass on interesting info that she has come across, like the rest of us.
    I love pizza! My waist does not however:(
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great idea. I check out Goop now and then, it's cool.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!