Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

" As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them"
John F. Kennedy
I found this wonderful old book on Etsy, and fell in love with the artwork by Helen Sewell. Parts of it remind me of Matisse in a way. I really enjoyed reading this with my children. After an over the top Willy Wonka party for my now 6 year old, and Christmas on the way, I try to remind them to be thankful as much as I can, not just on Thanksgiving, but every day.
And I remind myself, too...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Nathalie

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving with your family. Great book find! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exceedingly grateful to have you as my sister. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanks giving my dear!~ If you feel like a little respite from all of the Thanksgiving prep work, do feel most welcome to pop by to The Plumed Pen blog for a cuppa and a warm scone with clotted cream and jam, my dear!..,

    Cheers from Silken Purse@ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quote.
    Trying to practice thankful every day is so much life-enriching.

    Happy thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks such a sweet book.

    Thanks for all your bloglove honey, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!