Thursday, August 20, 2009

Karl Lagerfeld's Homage to One of my All Time Favourites

I was absolutely thrilled to see Karl Lagerfeld's recent shoot in Bazaar inspired by one of my favourite women, Peggy Guggenheim. The shoot is gorgeous, and I love seeing a modern take on her life. One of the most influential and flamboyant patrons in the history of art, she is fascinating. Every time I go to Venice, I make a point to go to her last home, The Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, now the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, filled with the treasures of twentieth century art that she collected.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I love Venice! Such a whimsical and romantic city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this for our viewing pleasure :) It's an absolutely gorgeous shot. And of course, it makes me fall in love with Venice all over again...

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!