Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Pool Time Here in Vegas...

I plan on spending my weekend by our pool, now that our temps are at a beautiful dry desert heat of 85 to 90. Apparently Las Vegas and Dubai are not the only places in the world doing things over the top...Last month the San Alfonso del Mar Resort at Agarrobo, Chile, opened up what is now officially the Largest Pool in the World... more than 1000 yards long, covering 20 acres, it holds 66 million gallons of salt water, has a deep end that is 115 feet deep, and cost 1 Billion dollars to make. It's a good thing that they have been packed, since the yearly upkeep is about 2 Million dollars. I can only imagine trying to keep an eye on my kids in this pool!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and amazing pool! That is quite an engineering feat. Spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!