Monday, March 2, 2009

The Power of Love Fundraiser with Siegfried and Roy's Final Performance

I have been a bad blogger gal, but I have reasons! Lots and lots of orders for Dolce Dreams keeping me busy, and then I also had the BIG EVENT to prepare for... outfit, hair, makeup...babysitter! This is an annual fundraiser for the Lou Ruvo Alzheimer' Foundation which is being built here in Las Vegas, with the building an incredible creation by Frank Gehry. An incredible event it was, over the top and exquisite decor...lithe young women painted to resemble the infamous white tigers, pouncing around with bottles of Dom Perignon to fill your glass. An amazing assemblage of auction items, both silent and live. Amazing meal by infamous chefs Wolfgang Puck and Todd English, and to die for desserts by Jean- Philippe Maury. And then the much awaited and rehearsed Farewell performance by Siegfried and Roy. A miracle. Had I known that it was "Montecore" up there feet away from me, with no leash, no cage, I think I would have jumped 100 feet!
A really great night, which you can see more of this coming Friday March 6 on the 20 20 show if you are interested.
Nathalie

picture courtesy of Curtis Dahl Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!