Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting Ready for my Yearly Valentines Party

Today I am baking all day, getting my sugar cookies ready for my annual Valentines Party next weekend. A group of girlfriends and all of the kids come over to decorate them with Royal Icing and Sparkles. This is the fourth year, so the decorating skills are improving dramatically! Little babies have now become mini Picasso's. I also pull out the "Shrinky Dink" in heart shapes, with colored pens and tons of bling to string up necklaces for mommies, grandmothers, and aunties. It is so wonderful to see all of the kids sitting so seriously working on their creations. And when their faces are covered with icing and crumbs, we send them all out in the yard to play so that the moms can relax and enjoy a few well deserved treats! One of my favourite parties of the year. I hope that you enjoy your Valentines as much!
Nathalie

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!